Re-energizing FreeBSD Efforts

Jason C. Wells jcw at highperformance.net
Sun Oct 3 10:51:54 PDT 2004

I was hoping that I could get the FreeBSD client working correctly.  It
seems to be part way there, but certainly not ready for anything more than
experimental use.

Is anyone out there willing to write code for the FreeBSD port of OpenAFS
on the client side?

I certainly don't have the skill to get software working that results in a
system hang with no error reporting at all.  I am willing to do lots of
compiling, testing, and reporting.  If there is no one out there who
understands the internals and will write code, then all I would be doing is
populating the mailing list archives with unanswered messages.

If I can't generate some interest, I have heard that I can fall back on
Arla.  I would prefer to get OpenAFS up to speed.

Thanks,
Jason C. Wells