Seeking list of "commercial companies that still have large scale FreeBSD deployment"

Vadim Goncharov vadim_nuclight at mail.ru
Fri Sep 17 07:35:35 UTC 2010

Hi David Wolfskill!

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 16:46:43 -0700; David Wolfskill wrote about 'Seeking list of "commercial companies that still have large scale FreeBSD deployment"':

> My employer has been using HP machines a fair amount over the last
> couple of years (that I know of); I just received the following request
> from a contact in IT:
> | I had a chat with our  HP support team today try to get better
> | FreeBSD support on RAID controller in DL180. One thing that they
> | requested is to see ifwe can provide them a list of commercial
> | companies that still have large scale of FreeBSD deployment. They
> | mentioned that Yahoo is gradually moving away from FreeBSD. Do you
> | have some names that we can provide them? The ideais they can take
> | the list back to HP and  try to argue for more FreeBSD support.
> | They hired a guy to do FreeBSD support, but he left HP and went to
> | Google with his FreeBSD knowledge.
> Any help?  Thanks!

yandex.ru has a large scale FreeBSD deployment.

--
WBR, Vadim Goncharov. ICQ#166852181       mailto:vadim_nuclight at mail.ru
[Moderator of RU.ANTI-ECOLOGY][FreeBSD][http://antigreen.org][LJ:/nuclight]