Seeking list of "commercial companies that still have large scale FreeBSD deployment"

Jared Barneck rhyous at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 01:50:52 UTC 2010

> ----- Original Message ----
> From: David Wolfskill <david at catwhisker.org>
> To: advocacy at freebsd.org
> Sent: Wed, September 15, 2010 5:46:43 PM
> Subject: Seeking list of "commercial companies that still have large scale

<-- snip -->

David,

An email came through, I thought right here on this mailing list, with a list of

the most reliable hosting companies. It referenced this link.
http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2010/08/11/most-reliable-hosting-company-sites-in-july-2010.html

Five of the most reliable hosting  companies (the top 4 and #10) use FreeBSD.  I

guess they might not want  to use HP if HP is not going to support FreeBSD.

There is Kace, which is an appliance that runs FreeBSD, but it was bought by
Dell, so it will probably only ever be

installed on Dells.

Maybe HP should partner up with iXSystems to have them do FreeBSD support and
development for

them.

Sorry, I wasn't of much help,

Jared Barneck