FreeBSD gear (Clothes, machines)

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Sat Sep 26 21:39:32 UTC 2009

Hi,

Allen wrote:
> >> PS; not to sound weird, but does anyone here have any neat hardware
> >> configurations? Like a machine running FreeBSD that has like CD/DVD/Tape
> >> /Cool hardware you're proud of? Thanks!
> >
> > http://berklix.com/scanjet/   FreeBSD inside a scanner.
>
> OK now THAT is awesome ! Heh, it's neat to think that someone sat there
> one day and thought "Why the hell am I running scanner software that
> can't even be updated anymore? Hmm, BSD!" wow...

Well, 2 chaps at a German University did Linux first, then David
Malone did FreeBSD, but in essence, Yes :-) People are encouraged
to click & glance at the photo, then if one turns up some time in
company junk room, rescue it.  Companies find the original NT
software useless, but the sheet feader + scanner + BSD inside works well.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey: BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com