bsdevents on Twitter

Murray Stokely murray at stokely.org
Thu Mar 12 13:39:25 PDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Dru Lavigne <drulavigne at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Is this something I would setup or the other way around? If I should be
> setting it up, are you aware of an FAQ? The twitterfeed site is pretty slim
> on info....

Sure, you can go to twitterfeed and you will give it the twitter
password for the @bsdevents account and the RSS feed location for our
events page.  (Sorry, there is no strong authentication framework for
twitter -- all these tools force you to share your twitter password
with them).  Then twitterfeed will automatically post a 140 character
summary of new entries in the RSS feed to the @bsdevents twitter
stream.  You can also still login and post other events to the
@bsdevents stream (say, reminders, follow up information, or
information for events for other bsd's besides freebsd).

> Agreed and I'm open to ideas about how to best coordinate this and to filter
> the non-FreeBSD specific events with minimal effort so that the FreeBSD
> website is aware of events with a FreeBSD talk or booth.

I think twitterfeed will work well.  Hopefully the RSS on the events
page makes sense for the

      - Murray