bsdevents on Twitter

Saifi Khan saifi.khan at twincling.org
Wed Mar 11 22:31:14 PDT 2009

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Dru Lavigne wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've created a twitter account @bsdevents (https://twitter.com/bsdevents) which is meant to be a one-stop-shop for all BSD-related events such as:
>
> * BSD conferences
> * events where there will be a BSD booth
> or presentation
> * BSD user group meetings
> (including UUGs and LUGs with BSD representation)
> * BSD training
>
> * discussion on events needing a BSD booth, booth buddies, or swag
> * links to promotional material regarding BSD
>
> For those who prefer RSS to twitter, the feed is at https://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/23451058.rss
>
> I'm also experimenting with hootsuite.com which allows for multiple
> editors on one twitter account. Ping me if you'd like editor status in order to help keep @bsdevents populated with upcoming global BSD events or if you're aware of an upcoming event that isn't listed.
>
> Cheers,
> Dru

Hi Dru:

Thank you for the fantastic initiative. This is really very
cool.

Is there a service, wherein one can post a single update
(twitter size) and it sort of goes to
  . orkut BSD
  . twitter BSD
  . facebook BSD
  . upcoming.yahoo BSD
  . google calendar BSD
  . ning BSD
  . blogspot BSD
  . identi.ca BSD
  . digg BSD
  . etc
  . forum BSD

With this approach there will be a consistent message seen
across the various web touch points.

What do you think ?

thanks
Saifi.