Tomahawk Desktop switched to FreeBSD

Murray Stokely murray at stokely.org
Tue Mar 10 21:47:46 PDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 2:37 AM, Sagara Wijetunga
<sagara at tomahawk.com.sg> wrote:
> Dear FreeBSD community
> We are the makers of the Tomahawk Desktop operating system
> (http://www.tomahawkcomputers.com/).
> We have switched to FreeBSD from Linux to make the next version of the
> Tomahawk Desktop operating system. That is, the core of the Tomahawk Desktop
> is now based on FreeBSD 7.1 and expect to release the Tomahawk Desktop
> version 2.0 Beta by Q2 2009.

That is great news.  I look forward to seeing your next beta.  Please
keep us posted about major developments / press releases.  There
should be somewhere on our website where we link to derivative
operating system projects and so we can add you there for example, and
your page about listing the reasons for switching from Linux to BSD is
likewise very interesting for our web presence I'm sure.

 - Murray