SAVED!! (was Re: Save BSD magazine)

Matt Olander matt at ixsystems.com
Tue Jul 7 16:57:30 UTC 2009

2009/7/1 Matt Olander <matt at ixsystems.com>:
> We are in contact with them in an attempt to save the magazine. Not
> having the ability to order and pay for a subscription online really
> hurt them, I think. This is why we started offering it through the
> FreeBSD Mall.
>
> The BSD magazine is available at Borders and Barnes & Noble. We'll be
> doing our best to help increase sales figures this week so that
> hopefully the mag gets a longer lease on life. If that does happen, we
> will help them sign up advertisers, increase subscriptions, and find
> more authors to create a viable longer term plan for keeping the
> magazine in production.
>
> This may be your last chance to run out and grab a copy :'(

Great job everyone! We did it! Sales increased over the last week and
they have decided to keep publishing BSD Mag. Woohoo!!! Thank you to
everyone that bought a copy, subscribed to the electronic edition, and
helped to spread the word.

We have offered to assist in editing, promotion, etc., so that the
magazine hopefully enjoys a long life.

If you're interested in contributing to BSD Mag, especially articles,
please email melanie (at) pcbsd (dot) org. If you know any companies
that would be interested in advertising, email raquel (at) iXsystems
(dot) com. If you know a retailer that may be interested in carrying
the magazine or if you went out to Barnes & Noble or Borders and could
not find it (that's what happened to me), email mark (at) iXsystems
(dot) com.

Thanks again and job well done. We live to fight another day  :-)

best,
-matt