why BSDs got no love

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Fri Dec 25 02:11:19 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 03:50:25PM +0100 I heard the voice of
Julian H. Stacey, and lo! it spake thus:

> All of 4.11, 7.1 & 8.0 man sysinstall contain:
> 	This product is currently at the end of its life cycle and
> 	will eventually be replaced.

That's a kinder version of what it had in rev 1.1 in 1997, prior to
2.2.5-RELEASE

     This utility is a prototype which lasted approximately 2 years
     past its expiration date and is greatly in need of death.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net