Gene Folding Team FreeBSD support

Don Wilde dwilde1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 13:08:59 UTC 2009

Hello, all -

I'd like to remind you of a very beneficial way to use your idle cycles to
support humanity and FreeBSD. Our team, team 11743, needs your support to
keep Team FreeBSD climbing in the ranks.

All you need to do is to install the Folding @ Home Linux/UNIX client from
Stanford and run it with the -freeBSD option.

http://folding.stanford.edu/

A non-Stanford page with clear results charts.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=11743

What you are doing by supporting this is helping Stanford researchers
identify possible good improvements in drug source genetics that will help
them create new drugs and possibly eliminate diseases or malformities. This
is much like the SETI program, but the results may have huge importance for
your children (not that real little green men won't! :).

Every result helps.

--
-- Don Wilde
  "Criticize by Creating"