BSDstats: May Statistics - 23 998 Hosts Reported In

Julian Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Fri Jun 6 07:15:33 UTC 2008

> FreeBSD.  Any large installation will image drives or perform their
> own custom installation and may very well not want their competitors
> to know how many machines they are running.

Some companies wont want their competitors, &/or suppliers/
clients to even know What OS's they run, let alone how many.

Some government departments too (whose `competitors' could include
foreign governments, terrorists, thieves, & civil liberties groups etc).

I installed on 1 of 3 public servers, but not on firewalls or internals.

Julian
--
Julian Stacey: BSDUnixLinux C Prog Admin SysEng Consult Munich www.berklix.com
	Mail just Ascii plain text.  HTML & Base64 text are spam.