freebsd-advocacy Digest, Vol 248, Issue 1

Michael Widerkrantz mc at hack.org
Wed Jul 30 15:05:22 UTC 2008

Szilveszter Adam <sziszi at bsd.hu> writes:

> If you want to brag about FreeBSD technology used in a mainstream
> product, then by all means mention Firefox 3, because that is already
> quite impressive.

Why Firefox? It's a user land application. I'm sure it's been ported
to FreeBSD, but does that tell anyone that FreeBSD is good?

I would suggest mentioning that companies such as Juniper and Network
Applications use FreeBSD as their embedded OS. At least with some
people (sysadmins and network people), that will make them look again
at FreeBSD.

--
M.C. Widerkrantz
http://hack.org/mc/