Microsoft-Yahoo-Offer

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Mon Feb 4 03:58:59 PST 2008

Konrad Heuer <kheuer2 at gwdg.de> writes:
> since I've read about the M$ offer to buy Yahoo in the newspapers on
> saturday I'm wondering whether this will be a threat or a chance for
> FreeBSD.

Please don't stir this up again.  It's been discussed ad nauseam on
-chat and in other fora already, and that by, shall we say, people of
far less discrimination than yourself.

While I don't think anybody seriously expects at this point that Yahoo!
will stop using and supporting FreeBSD for several years at least, the
project will neither be caught unawares nor without a backup plan if it
does happen.

DES (neither a member of nor speaking for core@)
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no