FreeBSD in new app from Google.

Rudi Kramer - MWEB rkramer at mweb.com
Fri Aug 8 08:41:44 UTC 2008

I think I was a bit hasty in my earlier post. I tried to compare FreeBSD to a collection of operating system and a huge corporate entity ;-)

I realized that I should rather be comparing operating systems to operating systems.

Searching for "Redhat" , "Freebsd", and "Ubunto" returned scores of 10, 20, and 34 but searching for specific versions result in a different set of figures.  "Freebsd 7", "Redhat 5" and "Ubunto 8" gives us 61, 91 and 100 respectively.

The only conclusion I can gather from the search results is that people have learnt to use more specific queries over time.

Rudi

P.s "Freebsd is dead" returns a "Not enough search volume to show graphs." message so hopefully that dog will finaly lie down and die :-)