Dell is asking what free OS to preinstall

Jeff Rollin jeff.rollin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 17:27:03 UTC 2007

On 14/03/07, Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg at gmail.com> wrote:

> drivers.)  For those of us using FreeBSD, there's not a substantial
> advantage to proprietary linux drivers over proprietary Windows drivers.  We
> go unsupported either way.

Hmm, well I would hope that they would use hardware with open source
drivers only, in which case, yes, FreeBSD would be able to take
advantage. Even if, say, the OSD's are GPL'ed, that would at least
allow BSD users to inquire as to the specs from the OSD developers.

Jeff
--
Q: What will happen in the Aftermath?

A: Impossible to tell, since we're still in the Beforemath.