The sorry state of open source today

Matt Olander matt at iXsystems.com
Fri Apr 20 02:26:04 UTC 2007

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU wrote:
> Really, folks, what makes you so aggressive?!
>
> I was hurt, and disappointed. I was having higher expectations from the
> FreeBSD guys.
>
> http://beranger.org/index.php?article=2858
>
> R-C

Hi R-C,

You have definitely blogged an interesting piece! I hardly think that
Dag's coherent rebuttal regarding a few points he disagrees with and a
readers mail to advocacy@, while digesting your article, demonstrate how
aggressive FreeBSD developers can be, as you state in that post.

It seems more like legitimate debate going on to me ;-)

FYI, the FreeBSD Foundation has not yet signed off on the Flash
re-distribution agreement with Adobe and there is no guarantee that they
will. While I don't see any strong reasons why it shouldn't be signed,
installing Flash on FreeBSD is painless and there might not be a great
deal of reasons to change the way the system currently works.

best,
-matt

--
Matt Olander