Lack of FreeBSD coverage in the UK media

Paul Waring paul at xk7.net
Sun Apr 8 09:53:38 UTC 2007

Daniel Seuffert wrote:
> But don't forget: It's hard work and you need people doing this work.
> That's the problematic part and that's the main reason imho why we
> don't have more media attention...

Is there not a project (other than this mailing list) within the work of
the FreeBSD Foundation to promote BSD within the media? All it needs is
for a small group of people to contact existing Linux magazines and see
what kinds of articles they are looking for and whether they'd be
prepared to accept BSD ones, and then try and find people who are
willing to write them.

I've taken a small step in emailing one of the UK magazines and asking
them if they'd include BSD groups in their local LUGs listings, it only
took a couple of minutes to write the email and the worst they can say
is "no".

Paul