FreeBSD not popular in Asia?

Antony Mawer fbsd-questions at mawer.org
Sat Sep 9 00:22:59 PDT 2006

On 8/09/2006 3:02 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Check out http://www.bsdstats.org ... Republic of Korea is about to push
> the US out of first place, but there are *zero* FreeBSD boxes reporting
> from there ... DragonFly is first, then NetBSD and then OpenBSD ...
>
> Are there *really* no Korean FreeBSD hosts out there ... ?

Are you sure they weren't just hit by the same timezone issue affecting
us Aussies...? :-) After all, DFly/Open/Net didn't start coming on board
until after the monthly rollover that affected us in .au ...

(For those wondering what all that means: the BSDstats server counted
.au and nearby timezones into August's results, rather than September,
because the BSDStats server's time was still in August when our machines
started doing our monthly periodic run for September...)