FreeBSD not popular in Asia?

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Sat Sep 9 05:00:52 UTC 2006

On Sep 8, 2006, at 7:02 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Check out http://www.bsdstats.org ... Republic of Korea is about to
> push the US out of first place, but there are *zero* FreeBSD boxes
> reporting from there ... DragonFly is first, then NetBSD and then
> OpenBSD ...
>
> Are there *really* no Korean FreeBSD hosts out there ... ?

Or maybe the FreeBSD users in Korea use their systems for real work
and don't read this list or play these sorts of games...  The Open/
Net/DFly users are hobbyists who like to play these games.

I am not knocking the bsdstats effort -- just that lots of serious
users with machines in production won't report back (I know I am
not).  Your sample is probably statistically invalid.

best regards
Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC