FreeBSD not popular in Asia?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at freebsd.org
Sat Sep 9 04:02:14 UTC 2006

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, Chris wrote:

> It seemed to coincidental that all 3 OS's were accelerating within the
> same time frame and all within a relatively close margin from one
> another.

245 of the Korean hits came from the same IP, which would be within the
realm of a NATd box ... and, looking at the logs, each system is reporting
how/as I'd expect it ...

It could be one of the schools in Korea?

As I said, looking at the data itself, if it is someone playing games,
they've gone to alot of effort to "mask" it ... including mix-n-matching
Operating Systems with Architectures, so that they aren't all reporting
the exact same thing ... even the user agents are coming through "as
expected" for each of hte operating systems reported ...

----