CDROM-Artwork

Deb Goodkin deb at freebsd.org
Mon Oct 23 15:11:40 UTC 2006

Dear Oliver,

Thank you for setting me straight. It wasn't my place to assume the
requirements for proper UNIX attribution. I based my comment on what our
lawyer recommended for our trademarks. And, I realize now, this is not
standard protocol.

When using the FreeBSD mark, as outlined in item 6 of the Trademark
Terms and Conditions, the trademark symbol needs to follow all prominent
uses of the mark. This is why I stated, the first use of FreeBSD should
have the symbol, but the subsequent uses don't need it, per the
Foundation's requirements.

Thanks again for your help on this issue.

Sincerely,

Deb Goodkin
The FreeBSD Foundation