Java 1.5 donations

Linh Pham question+advocacy at closedsrc.org
Fri Mar 17 18:36:23 UTC 2006

On 2006-03-17 12:10 -0600, Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:

# On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 03:06:06PM +1100, Michael Vince wrote:
# > I think in the main entry FreeBSD web site page there should be an extra
# > tab for "Donations" or even in place of either the "About" or "Support"
# > links.
#
# Although I like the rest of your ideas, and encourage them, as someone
# who spends a lot of time on support issues (ports and PRs) I really would
# like to state that the Support tab is very important to have quickly
# available.  It also seems to me that every web front page should have
# an About tab so people can figure out what/where/why.
#
# I would like to see the Donate link more prominent but unfortunately I
# don't have a concrete suggestion.  I hope you can accept this as
# constructive criticism anyway.

I agree that the Donate link probably needs to be a bit more prominent
(the current link in the upper-right corner kind of blends in with
everything else and my eyes just glean over it).

Maybe add it as a tab or "above the fold"... something that kind of
popped into my head when thinking about the "Donate" link is that the
term "Contribute" may make sure sense, since the project is not only
helped by monetary or physical donations, but also contributions of code
and volunteering time on documentation, Ports, etc. Then again, my mind
doesn't always produce things that make a lot of sense :)

--
Linh Pham
question+advocacy at closedsrc.org
http://closedsrc.org/