FreeBSD as a Desktop Article

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Sun Jan 8 21:01:17 PST 2006

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Nikolas Britton wrote:

> On 1/5/06, Frank Laszlo <laszlof at vonostingroup.com> wrote:
>>

>> Kövesdán Gábor wrote:

>>> I've signed it and posted it to a Hungarian open-source community, but
>>> I think it would be nice if somebody from the doc team can add it to
>>> the news on the website, so I cc'd freebsd-doc@, I hope this helps
>>> geting Adobe to release a working Flash for FreeBSD.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Gabor Kovesdan
>>
>> Not to rain on the parade, but since when has one of those online
>> petitions done any good?
>>

> It may be trivial but at least I did something to rectify it. Talking
> about are problems will get us nowhere unless we also do. Do you have
> a better plan of action?

The problem is, anyone can sign a petition, even those that don't, nor
will ever, use the software, which is what makes them meaningless :(

You really need to get someone on the inside that is using FreeBSD and
push from that direction ... unless its a product you can pay for, and
then you make the dollars speak for you ...

What about the FreeBSD Foundation ... maybe something that they can
organize?

----