BSD Mall : to hell

Miguel Lopes Santos Ramos miguel at anjos.strangled.net
Fri Feb 24 04:45:41 PST 2006

> From dan at langille.org Fri Feb 24 12:33:48 2006
> From: "Dan Langille" <dan at langille.org>
> To: Miguel Lopes Santos Ramos <miguel at anjos.strangled.net>
> Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 07:33:35 -0500
> Subject: Re: BSD Mall : to hell
> Cc: advocacy at freebsd.org
>
> On 24 Feb 2006 at 12:22, Miguel Lopes Santos Ramos wrote:
>
> > Wherever there's people making money out of free software there's
> > dishonesty.
>
> This is untrue.  Many people make money out of free software.  There
> is a long history of it and all of it quite honest.

Sorry. I meant in the CD packing business.

How can it be explained that Red Hat EL sells for a price comparable to some
versions of Windows? At least, at Microsoft they had the costs of producing
themselves a new, modern OS from scratch.
What about some versions of linux totally based on free and GPLed software
selling for $40-50? The price of media?