Ask for FreeBSD support here! Let's join forces!

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Fri Aug 25 03:11:47 UTC 2006

On 2006-08-24 22:26, "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> > I'm probably stating the blatantly obvious, but the trick is how we
> > can convince them that FreeBSD is a "common OS", I guess :)
>
> That is why I wrote up and setup bsdstats.org ... see
> /usr/ports/sysutils/bsdstats ... get included ... the idea is to get
> continuous, monthly numbers on deployments of FreeBSD, what versions
> are in use, what architectures ... and, if you so desire to add it,
> what hardware is in use also ...

The port has a few minor problems, but I did install and run it here.

Can we fix the following too, please? :-)

# pkg_delete bsdstats-3.0_2
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/etc/periodic/montly' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: unable to completely remove directory '/usr/local/etc/periodic/montly'
pkg_delete: unable to completely remove directory '/usr/local/etc/periodic'
pkg_delete: couldn't entirely delete package (perhaps the packing list is incorrectly specified?)
root at gothmog:/root#