FreeBSD's SVG logos are broken(was Re: FreeBSD Logo)

Nikolas Britton nikolas.britton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 06:14:48 UTC 2006

On 8/21/06, Mitch <mitch at mdickinson.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure if something as already been fixed, but it looks fine on
> all my browsers (firefox on freebsd, linux, windows, konqueror on
> freebsd, ie6 on windows).

IE6 and Konqueror don't have, native, SVG support... lets recap:

FreeBSD's SVG logos are broken. They do not "render" correctly in
browsers with native SVG support, AFAIK Firefox 1.5 and Opera 9 are
the only browsers with "native" SVG support.

If you do have a browser with "native" SVG support try viewing the SVG
logo here: http://www.freebsd.org/logo/logo-basic.svg

If you don't have a browser with "native" SVG support here are
screenshots of the bad logos:
http://www.nbritton.org/uploads/firefox_01.png
http://www.nbritton.org/uploads/opera_01.png

--