NYC*BUG Announces BSDTracker Database

Julian Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Tue May 10 11:09:58 PDT 2005

Reference:

ac wrote:
> >The New York City *BSD User Group (NYC*BUG) is pleased to announce the
> >BSDTracker Database.  The BSDTracker includes both a database of Users
> >and *BSD Resources.  The Resources database is for firms that provide
> >technical services or support for the *BSD operating systems.  This is
> >a great resource for people in need of BSD consulting and services.
> >The online application can be found on the NYC*BUG website:
> >http://nycbug.org/index.php?NAV=BSDTracker
> >
> >The goal of the database is to help promote the use and awareness of
> >the *BSDs, giving those who use, promote or develop the BSDs, another
> >opportunity to get their name out as supporters.  Compiling a list of
> >businesses that use BSD will bring more credibility to the BSDs and
> >help support decisions to switch by companies that may be considering
> >it.
> >
> >If your business supports or makes use of *BSD in some way, please
> >take a moment to submit your information.

There's been at least 2 lists of BSD consultants for many years:
I believe I started mine first, but wouldnt swear to it, not important,
(& a good idea has many authors, & a good idea will likely happen
about the same time, demand driven, regardless by who :-)

Anyway, mine's at
	http://berklix.org/~jhs/consultants.html
& is geographically sorted.  FreeBSD has one too (alpha, not geo. sorted).
(& each list points at the other.)

-
Julian Stacey        Net & Sys Eng Consultant, Munich       http://berklix.com
Mail in Ascii (Html=Spam).  Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.