A good laugh for FBSD people (I hope)

twig les twigles at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 10:37:19 PST 2005

I'm also having trouble discerning if this is a real site.
Mostly because I'm laughing so hard that I can't actually get
much reading done.  Hahaha, is "communist" still an insult?  Is
Beastie really a "child-indoctrinatingly-cute cartoon mascot"?
Who makes their files world readable, shouldn't that "secret
code" read chmod 644?  Was the naming of Firewire a reference to
evil? I'm so out of touch.

--- dereck <dereckhaskins at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I _really_ loved the part that states that "Apple
> Darwin is based on an obsolete OS called BSD Unix...."
>  Hmmm, obsolete.  I've heard a lot in my day, but that
> *BSD is "obsolete" - that's definitely new.  The other
> "points" are rehashing old crap.
>
> Dereck
>
> --- "Andrew L. Gould" <algould at datawok.com> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 30 March 2005 11:26 am, twig les wrote:
> > > Rather unorthodox post, but this surely gave my
> > stomach muscles
> > > a workout.  Apparently FBSD and Apple are the
> > mark(s) of the
> > > beast.
> > >
> > > http://objective.jesussave.us/propaganda.html
> > >
> > > Scroll down to the addendums.  Please fight the
> > temptation to
> > > counter each point.
> > >
> > > Choice quote:
> > > "...to open up certain locked files one has to run
> > a program
> > > much like the DOS prompt in Microsoft Windows and
> > type in a
> > > secret code: "chmod 666". What other horrors lurk
> > in this thing?"
> > >

> > I can take it if someone wants to call me evil --
> > that's just an
> > opinion; but saying that we're notoriously poor
> > spellers (See Addendum
> > III) crosses the line!  What if my boss found out?!
> >
> > ;-)

With a few exceptions, secrecy is deeply incompatible with
democracy and with science.
     --Carl Sagan
http://www.projectcensored.org/publications/2005/index.html