Anyone done a BSD presentation to a Chamber of Commerce etc ?

Alexander Chamandy bsdfreak at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 02:33:29 PST 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 22:13:03 +0100 (CET), Julian Stacey <jhs at berklix.org> wrote:
> Anyone done a BSD presentation to a Chamber of Commerce etc ?  (=
> IHK in Germany), that might be a particularly effective way of
> advocating BSD to a wide influential group of decision makers ?
>
> CNN has a (TV not web) feature on free software in business this
> week, so a good time to approach business wherever CNN is watched ?
>
> -
> Julian Stacey        Net & Sys Eng Consultant, Munich       http://berklix.com
>  Mail in Ascii (Html=Spam).  Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.

I haven't to an actual Chamber of Commerce, but I have to business
leaders in the capacity of a consultant.  I think if we could create a
flexible and in-depth presentation to use with such gatherings, it
would generate a lot of interest.  Business leaders who are examining
the bottom line, their business' security and the overall efficiency
of their information infrastructure are allured by the idea of FreeBSD
when there is a support contract involved.  One of the main myths
Microsoft pushes is that (most) open source comes with no support, but
this is not the case!  Many companies (including mine) help a lot of
clients with their various FreeBSD and other open source needs.  If we
can dispel this myth and give other convincing reasons for migration
or adoption, I think we'll be very successful.

--
Best wishes,

Alexander G. Chamandy
Webmaster