Let's update FreeBSD vs Linux vs Windows XP

Chris Laverdure dashevil at sympatico.ca
Wed Jun 29 21:10:06 GMT 2005

In which case it makes a lot of sense to have such a "brochure" start
out with the basics, and the further you get into it, the more details
are revealed.

I believe that FreeBSD, and FreeBSD 5.x in general are misrepresented.
Like GEOM, for example. Where is the geom advocacy? I've seen trolls
tear it apart as phk's ego love child, but personally, after researching
into it, I've found it greatly useful. But you know, geom is nothing
until you've done the research. Nobody is out there telling people, hey,
you want an encrypted mirror RAID spread across disk images on 5
different computers? It's simple as pie with GEOM. Simple, logical,
flexible. I think that there should be a huge push with this image,
regarding FreeBSD advocacy, rather than the typical, "We're better than
X because of...." approach. I've said before, and I'll say again.. You
try to demean someone elses solution, they often see it as an attack on
themselves.

Just my 2cents, now where is my interest? :)

Chris Laverdure <dashevil at sympatico.ca>