Let's update FreeBSD vs Linux vs Windows XP

Fafa Hafiz Krantz fteg at london.com
Sat Jun 25 14:23:49 GMT 2005

Hello!

We've all tried advocating FreeBSD by showing our friends the
infamous http://people.freebsd.org/~murray/bsd_flier.html comparison.
But despite its excellent, it has lost its integrity because its age.
Many things have changed since then, and on behalf of all those who
enjoy advocating FreeBSD: It's time we bring the truth out.

What do you all say? Instead of bugging Mr Murray Stokely about
updating it, why don't we just update it in this thread? If everybody
could contribute their bit of truth, I am willing to compile it into a
nicely written (and designed*) sequence of TXT, HTML and PDF and post
it back here. It is very important to get this situation straight.
So we all know where we stand.

I have put an easier version of the comparison up at:

http://www.home.no/hedhnta/versus.txt

So please post corrections referring to each paragraph.
It would also be nice to include Mac OS X in this comparison.

* In line with:
  http://identity.berkeley.edu/downloads/ucb_design_style.pdf

Thank you all!
Now let's get down to work!