Why none from FreeBSD in the interview?

Achilleus Mantzios achill at matrix.gatewaynet.com
Fri Jun 17 13:44:47 GMT 2005

O Dag-Erling Smψrgrav έγραψε στις Jun 17, 2005 :

> Achilleus Mantzios <achill at matrix.gatewaynet.com> writes:
> > Altho nothing new was said by either Linus (in the previous
> > interview in the "series"), nor OpenBSD, NetBSD people,
> > i still wonder why FreeBSD was left out of it.
>
> They claim that they "asked the FreeBSD project to participate in this
> interview but they did not return responses in time for publication."

Damned!

Even i could spit out some good arguments in favor of FreeBSD
as a superior *workstation* platform for the serious
developer.

Ok, just to get serious,
i couldn't live without the base64 programm and the unique history
completion of tcsh
(not found in any linux i know of).

Not to say about the only free unix implementation of JavaComms
in FreeBSD ports.

Also it strikes me (alright starting to feel i am getting in chat mode),
that after a decade of intense advocacy, public attention,
and corporate support, linuxes are still on par with FreeBSD,
which is based on few (compared to linux) individuals...

I wouldn't classify this "operation linux" as high "value for effort".

--
-Achilleus