Negative Review of FreeBSD 5.4

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Fri Jun 3 09:14:42 PDT 2005

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> It turns out that writing reviews that meet the expectation of
> expert readers is incredibly difficult.  In fact, I suggest that
> some of the people who keep lambasting reviews try writing some
> themselves.  For bonus, about an operating system you're only
> semi-familiar with.

When writing a review, make a list of topics, features and tasks ahead of
time that you want to check and document that. The review should be clear
to explain what the initial goals were.

I have written several reviews. And I have received negative and abusive
feedback also.  There's always someone who can find fault even if you try
to do an honest, thorough and good job.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/