Negative Review of FreeBSD 5.4

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Thu Jun 2 10:36:22 PDT 2005

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Erich Dollansky wrote:

> It was not the best move to declare 5.3 usable for production. Not even 5.4.

I help maintain various FreeBSD 5.x boxes for now over two years in
various locations used in essential production environments.

I teach FreeBSD classes in various locations, and so I have also had the
great opportunity to assist with installing FreeBSD 5.x on probably over
50 different computer systems -- a wide variety of different hardware.

FreeBSD 5.x has installed well and performed well for me going back to
January 2003.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/