Negative Review of FreeBSD 5.4

Matt Olander matt at offmyserver.com
Thu Jun 2 10:31:40 PDT 2005

On Jun 2, 2005, at 10:21 AM, Johnson David wrote:

> From: Neal E. Westfall [mailto:nwestfal at dslextreme.com]
>

>> Anybody have any thoughts on this review?
>>
>> http://os.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/05/24/2153257&tid=8
>
> But in the end I keep coming back to a third thought: I would
> really really
> like to see, once in my life, a review of FreeBSD that reflects my own
> experiences with it. I would like to see a review that's something
> more than
> a laundry list of bugs.

I just asked our Production Manager, Austin, to write a brief FreeBSD
5.4 review from the perspective of a systems integrator and
manufacturer. Frequently, we see FreeBSD supporting server hardware
that has trouble running CentOS, RedHat Enterprise, etc.

Give him a few days and we'll submit this to BSDNews, DaemonNews, etc.

-matt

----
Matt Olander
Chief Technology Officer, OffMyServer, Inc.
Public Relations, The FreeBSD Project
(408)943-4100 Phone
(408)943-4101 Fax
www.offmyserver.com