Rework of the FreeBSD website [was:FreeBSD'sVisualIdentity:Outdated?]

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jan 2 11:07:35 GMT 2005

On 2005.01.01 01:24:07 +0100, Chris Zumbrunn wrote:

> I did some further tweaking of the mockups:
>
> - The FreeBSD logo text is now a bit smaller
> - "The Power To Serve" slogan is back
> - Left sidebar now starts with a "Get FreeBSD" section
> - The "Platform" section has been moved to "Supported Platforms"
> - I added some spacing between the advocacy text and the sidebars
> - Changed "font-size=-1" in right sidebar to use "small" instead
> - The dots in the grey bar are now dark grey and not linked
> - Removed the link for "Overview" in the grey bar of the main page
>
> The new versions have the following URLs:
> http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freebsdweb1c.gif
> http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freebsdweb2c.gif

Very interesting, is the source available somewhere so we can look at
the actualy amount of work getting this integrated into the web site?

> I also added a mockup of what an even more minimalist approach could
> look like:
>
> http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freebsdweb1d.gif
>
> This version just requires changing three lines in the css style
> definition and replacing the one image file. Would this be a reasonable
> first step?

I think it would be more interesting getting the bar thinggy
integrated at the same time, since it does not look like a lot of work
getting it all in at the same time.

--
Simon L. Nielsen