Rework of the FreeBSD website
jasonosgerby at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 1 20:53:22 GMT 2005
I really like these new designs that you have done for the FreeBSD website. Not too much of a major change, but definitely cleaner, more professional looking, and easier on the eye. I'm hoping that these ideas will soon see fruition, rather than simply getting lost like previous attempts to update the site. So, to anyone on the list with access to the website, what do we need to do to get Chris's design made live? Does the existing site make use of layout templates, or will this involve making changes manually to every page on the site? I'm also wondering what happened to the idea of having a FreeBSD wallpapers section on the website, which we talked about some time ago. Another good idea that got lost ;)
Chris Zumbrunn <chris at zumbrunn.com> wrote:
I did some further tweaking of the mockups:
- The FreeBSD logo text is now a bit smaller
- "The Power To Serve" slogan is back
- Left sidebar now starts with a "Get FreeBSD" section
- The "Platform" section has been moved to "Supported Platforms"
- I added some spacing between the advocacy text and the sidebars
- Changed "font-size=-1" in right sidebar to use "small" instead
- The dots in the grey bar are now dark grey and not linked
- Removed the link for "Overview" in the grey bar of the main page
The new versions have the following URLs:
The previous versions I moved to these URLs:
I also added a mockup of what an even more minimalist approach could
This version just requires changing three lines in the css style
definition and replacing the one image file. Would this be a reasonable
freebsd-advocacy at freebsd.org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-advocacy-unsubscribe at freebsd.org"
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
More information about the freebsd-advocacy