SPAM: Score 3.7: Re: Instead of freebsd. com, why not...

Matt Olander matt at freebsd.org
Fri Feb 18 00:58:10 PST 2005

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 04:35:04AM +0100, Anthony Atkielski wrote:
> Apple and Microsoft make excellent desktop operating systems that work
> exactly as-is.
>
> Conversely, Apple and Microsoft make excellent server operating systems,
> once a few kinks have been worked out.  FreeBSD makes an excellent
> server operating system that works as-is.
>
> Do you see the difference?

yes, neither one is free or opensource.

> There are also many examples of companies trying to do so and then
> giving up and going back to Windows, usually because they feel for the
> hype but didn't investigate enough before making the attempt.

there are also numerous examples of corporations that used other proprietary
operating system that are no longer in business.

I think you are on the wrong list. this is FreeBSD advocacy.

please post elsewhere unless you have some advocacy information that we
can use here for the FreeBSD operating system.

thanks,
-matt

--
Matt Olander