An observation

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 13 17:57:15 PST 2005

On Sunday, 13 February 2005 at 15:04:38 -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 11:58:38PM +0100, Anthony Atkielski wrote:
>
>> I don't know what "this list" refers to because I receive traffic
>> from both lists, and because the MUA normally routes all replies
>> automatically to the correct list.
>
> This is, of course, another problem on your end.  Consider sorting
> mail into folders or otherwise annotating according to mailing list
> origin, in order to prevent similar mistakes on your behalf in the
> future.  This is standard practise for those who read mail from
> multiple mailing lists.

The mailing list charter asks you to reply to the sender and the list.
This is being polite to the sender, not the list.  If the sender
specifically chooses not to have the reply sent to him, what's wrong
with that?  I agree with you (Kris) that I don't understand why, but
that's Anthony's business, not ours.  I don't see any problem with it.

Greg