The only worthwhile logo-related comments so far....

Nikolas Britton freebsd at nbritton.org
Sun Feb 13 10:24:10 PST 2005

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

>stheg olloydson writes:
>

>>I don't think I follow you. FBSD having Core is a Good Thing.
>>

>It's a good thing, but it's not a _corporate_ thing.  Corporations don't
>like organizations that are run democratically.  They like organizations
>that are run autocratically by autocrats of whom they approve (which,
>not coincidentally, includes corporations themselves).  They like this
>because it centralizes control and allows them to know and predict how a
>given organization will behave.  It limits accountability to a few
>identifiable individuals.  Democratic organizations are unpredictable
>and unstable from a business standpoint.

Now we're just getting into the politics of government structure. I (and
most others) have never liked dictatorial rule, even if it is
benevolent, because we have no say in the matter. The other problem is
that people with power (large companies, autocrats, etc.) can easily
exert there control onto this person, this is never a good thing for the
commonwealth.