The only worthwhile logo-related comments so far....

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Sat Feb 12 21:45:19 PST 2005

Hi,

stheg olloydson wrote:
> --- Erich Dollansky <oceanare at pacific.net.sg> wrote:
>
> I don't think I follow you. FBSD having Core is a Good Thing. Unlike

I tried to say that having core is a good thing for FreeBSD as it is, if
you like FreeBSD is it is.

> As for Linux coming from a big vendor, when the company for which I
> work does an installation, the customer calls _us_ for support, not MS,

No matter where they actually get the support from, they still can go
back to the hardware vendor because Linux came from them. It is a
different question from where they finally take the support.

> Beastie. I don't remember anyone ever asking about it. In my ~9 years

Same with me.

> of dealing with FBSD, by far the biggest problem has been name
> recognition. All most every time I have presented it, I have been

Yes, there is no hype around it.

> Regarding your last question, why do what?

Put all the effort into the new logo.

Erich