Pleasing both suits and the community (Logo Contest)

Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg listsub at 401.cx
Sat Feb 12 16:19:48 PST 2005

Farid Hajji wrote:
[snipping a lot of text]

> This way, the FreeBSD Project would be saved from being taken
> over by people with a political agenda, and remain the excellent
> technical development platform it has been since its creation.

Why only the two extremes?
I do not wish to "commercialize" FreeBSD. I would hate if that ever
happened. And I do not want FreeBSD to be taken over by anyone, I
fully trust and support the people that runs the project today.

I simply can not see why an excellent technical development platform
can not have an estethically pleasing logo and still be an excellent
technical development platform?