Instead of freebsd.com, why not...

Chris Zumbrunn chris at czv.com
Sat Feb 12 13:00:56 PST 2005

On Feb 12, 2005, at 9:11 PM, Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg wrote:

> Chris Zumbrunn wrote:
> [snip]
>> http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/beastie.gif
>>
> [snip]
> Maybe just the FreeBSD part and a couple of stylized horns over it,
> but that would mean Beastie would not be clearly visible and I dont
> know if I dare to suggest that. ;)

I agree something like this...

http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freehorns.gif

...would be possible as well.

But personally, I think FreeBSD should celebrate some of its
idiosyncrasies - specially the ones that are representative of its BSD
UNIX tradition. To professionalize FreeBSD we would have to change its
name before we would "have to" drop Beastie as its logo. It's probably
even true that FreeBSD is more associated and recognized by its Beastie
logo than by its name - and I'm not kidding.

Chris

chris at czv.com  +41 329 41 41 41
Chris Zumbrunn Ventures - http://www.czv.com/
Internet Application Technology - Reduced to the Maximum