Business Information.

Astrodog astrodog at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 06:49:27 PST 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:09:57 +0100, Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg <r at 401.cx> wrote:
> Astrodog wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:49:57 +0100, Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg <r at 401.cx> wrote:
> >
> >>  I will support your efforts in any way I can, but since Im not much
> >>of a marketing droid Im not really sure where to start.
> >>  Just put me down on the list of volunteers and I guess time will
> >>tell how I can contribute.
> >>
> >>--
> >

> > Thanks, will do. Though, technical information ought to be the basis
> > for the marketing... err.. droidery, and if you have any "Sucess
> > Story" type stuff, that'd be great.
> >
> > --- Harrison Grundy
>
> There is already a collection of success stories at
> http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/5873, Im sure Dru will be more then
> willing to let you use them.
>
> I have one idea of some sort of "what can FreeBSD do for you?"
> section, where you could list stuff as "Install Squid and use it as a
> proxy", "Setup ipfw and dummynet and it will be a trafficshaper", or
> "With Sendmail and IMAP-UW it will provide you with all the email
> services you'll ever need". Each example would contain some basic
> instructions, links and examples of how to use it in such a role.
> Everything nicely laid out in layman terms and with some simple images
> and drawings showing BSD solving each particular problem.
> I think it would be a good way to show how versatile and usefull
> FreeBSD can be.
> What do you think, is it worth putting some time into, or is it just a
> bad idea?
>
> --

I like it. Make it a resource as well as a marketing thing. Since
there haven't been any responses from people already doing this kinda
thing, does anyone know what exactly needs to be done to request the
"space" needed on the web server to start putting it together, or
should I just resolve hosting on my own, or what?

--- Harrison Grundy