freebsd.com

Julio Capote jcapote at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 16:11:58 PST 2005

I think that the entire point of an IT deptartment, is to provide that
"geek abstraction"; no CEO goes to www.linux.com and decides to go with
linux for thier infastructure. They ask thier IT deptartment to make
those decisions. On the same token, no small business owner/executive is
going to goto www.freebsd.com and download an iso and install it on all
thier servers based on some marketing hype. Sites like www.redhat.com
are an exception because they are indeed a commercial entity that sells
services/products based on Linux, Freebsd has no such entity.

On the other hand, I am all for a redesigning of the .org website so
that looks a bit more professional (something like www.mozilla.org
maybe?), complete with OUR OWN forums, instead of using bsdforums.org. A
wiki would also be nice. Just my 2 cents..

- Julio