freebsd.com

Shawn Harrison harrison at tbc.net
Thu Feb 10 15:43:02 PST 2005

Joshua Tinnin wrote [02/10/05 5:19 PM]:
> On Thursday 10 February 2005 10:25 am, "Scott I. Remick"
> <scott at sremick.net> wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>Anyhow, on a side note: I still think the www.freebsd.COM site is an
>>excellent idea. Hopefully some people with the time and skills can
>>pull it off. That is not me, but they get my vote and gratitude.
>

> Maybe I missed this ... what would be the purpose of freebsd.com? PR?
> Just curious ... maybe I could help out here.
>
> - jt

An interface to FreeBSD that says, "Professional solutions for
enterprise IT management and infrastructure" rather than "Cool
open-source software project." You know, links like "Products,
Solutions, Partners" rather than "Bugs, Download, Community."

A counter example might be "Linux.com". Big headline today: "GNOME Photo
Printer: A nifty little app" To me, it screams, "Geek site." I think the
point is to create something that people who don't necessarily like
nifty apps and neat features would be persuaded by.

That's just my take on it. Hope I'm not stepping on any toes -- I think
FreeBSD.com is a great idea.
--
harrison at tbc.net