The FreeBSD Project is announcing a public competition for the new logo design. ????

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Wed Feb 9 19:09:13 PST 2005

Hi,

as I said in a different thread to the same subject, this is a stupid idea.

Ricardo Alves dos Reis wrote:
> Unfortunately, the cute FreeBSD daemon is sometimes treated with
> misunderstanding in the religious and cultural context. That's why The
> FreeBSD Project is announcing a public competition for the new logo

The EU is starting a procedure to ban the swastika from use as it was
used by some 100 million nazis and most of them are meanwhile dead. The
EU is totally ignoring the fact that some 2 billion people are using it
as a religious symbol.

The same things happens here too. A minority is making a lot of noise
and the majority is expected to move.

People who do not like the new logo should come up with the same reasons
against the new one. It is alsways possible with this kind of arguments
to be against everything.

Erich