FreeBSD vs Linux

W. D. WD at US-Webmasters.com
Fri Apr 8 13:50:47 PDT 2005

>> I would like to find information or some kind of bussiness case
>> that explains why is better FreeBSD over Linux. Somebody know about
>> this kind of information?

There are some significant differences especially
where servers are concerned--some links below.

As far as the desktop environment goes, supposedly most
anything that compiles on Linux, should compile on FreeBSD.

http://tinyurl.com/2f8np
http://www.offmyserver.com/cgi-bin/store/news/techtv_090303.html
http://tinyurl.com/6xhrz
http://www.over-yonder.net/~fullermd/rants/bsd4linux/bsd4linux8.php
http://www.InternetWeek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=12800936
http://Search.Yahoo.com/search?p=%22FreeBSD+vs.+Linux%22
http://www.Google.com/search?q=%22FreeBSD+vs.+Linux%22

Much of what runs on Linux also runs on FreeBSD, either
'natively' or using Linux emulation.
http://www.Google.com/search?q=FreeBSD+features+Linux

Here is an installation how-to that I've worked up:
http://www.US-Webmasters.com/FreeBSD/Install/

Start Here to Find It Fast!™ -> http://www.US-Webmasters.com/best-start-page/
$8.77 Domain Names -> http://domains.us-webmasters.com/