Fund Raiser

Julian H. Stacey jhs at flat.berklix.net
Tue Apr 5 15:54:58 PDT 2005

Aaron Siegel wrote:
> Hello
>
> According to netcraft there are 2.5 million webservers are running FreeBSD,
> http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2004/06/07/nearly_25_million_active_sites_running_freebsd.html
> If each one of these sites gave a dollar each year that could fund a lot

Before this list degenerates ito compete noise & no signal again
(eg Spelberg's "a conservative encourages" & Atkielski floggy of
the dead horse called "Satire" etc) ...

I suggest before everyone chews the fat on this latest `bright idea',
& flies off at wild tangents, as seems likely,
That we hold off long enough for aj at siegel-tech.net to
contact the FreeBSD Foundation privately, & then report back to list:
	A) if they even particularly need any money at present,
	B) if they think aj@'s ideas are something they'd be prepared to
	   work with
If the foundation happen to say no to either, it'll save us all a
load more debate. (& if yes, then OK, I suppose debate & implement etc)

-
Julian Stacey        Net & Sys Eng Consultant, Munich       http://berklix.com
Mail in Ascii (Html=Spam).  Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.