advocacy materials

Dru dlavigne6 at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 29 03:59:30 PDT 2004

I'll be one of the persons manning the Open Source booth at this year's
GTEC, the annual IT exhibition attended by many thousand Canadian
government employees:

http://www.gtecweek.com/ottawa2004/english/

I'll also be giving a slide presentation/talk on "Why BSD". I have a vague
recollection of someone saying in the past they had slides available
describing the business case for using BSD. Anyone remember who that was
or where the slides are? Or any pointers to URLs or pamphlet downloads
describing the features of BSD from a business perspective?

I'd also like to have some CDs available for give-away and here is my wish
list:

100 copies of the OpenCD:

 	http://theopencd.sunsite.dk/

100 copies of GnuWin:

 	http://gnuwin.epfl.ch/

100 copies of FreesBIE:

 	http://www.freesbie.org/

and 100 copies of M0n0wall:

 	http://m0n0.ch/wall/

I haven't had time to research the cost of making these yet but will be
doing so on Friday. Does anyone know of any organization, individual, or
company who would like to either donate the above CDs or help to defray
the costs of having them made? The CDs _have_ to be in Ottawa, Canada by
October 18.

Dru